Small Boat Big Sea are a community of people who share a passion for life, creativity and justice. We seek to develop genuine Christian spirituality that connects deeply through place and space, beyond just Sundays. We do, however, meet weekly at the William Street Studios in Manly, and hold a number of other events, gatherings and projects.
We meet together for ‘The Lounge’ on a Sunday evening at 5.30pm and run a Sunday School, Kids Ahoy, during that time.
Small Boat Big Sea (SBBS) employs Sunday School Workers to run the children’s ministry on a Sunday evening from 5.20-7.20pm. These roles provide spiritual, social and practical input to the children in the SBBS community. It is envisioned that the people undertaking the roles would take an active role in spiritual and educational leadership with our children, implement appropriate teaching curriculum, in consultation with the overseers, and create a positive, fun and enjoyable learning environment for the children. Part of these roles is to facilitate the integration of the children into the broader life of the church including The Lounge, the other Kids Ahoy age groups, missions and events. Working with volunteers from the community, the roles cover primary school ages and high school to Year 10 (subject to change). The smooth running of Kids Ahoy includes flexibility of the Sunday School workers to run or facilitate or mix groups and ages as required.
We are seeking to fill both the Primary age (immediate start) and High school age (November start) roles.
- Plan the weekly program, in line with the goals developed by the Kids Ministry team
- Build positive relationships with the kids who come along and be able to help them work together as a group
- Plan and run extra activities – social nights, mission fundraisers, etc.
- Set up, pack up and maintenance of the space groups are run in
- Integrate regularly with the Lounge gathering that adults attend on Sunday nights
- Leadership development of kids
- Liaise with Kids Ministry team
- Attend meetings and training, and one a year a weekend away with the whole church community
- Adhere to Workplace Health and Safety principles
ALL CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A DOCUMENT IN ADDITION TO A CV PROVIDING EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
- Demonstrated experience in children’s Sunday School ministry
- A committed Christian
- Strong commitment to Small Boat Big Sea and its vision, mission and values
- Ability to work with and relate to others in the church ministry context
- Enjoyment of working with children/young people
- Demonstrated relationship building and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to time manage, self-direct and take initiative
- music, drama, art skills
Part time permanent: 5 hours per week (2 hours face to face & 3 hours preparation including attending meetings and training as required).
Please submit applications by email email@example.com. Applications close on 15 December 2017. Complete applications must include responding to the essential criteria and provide a CV, and identify which of the two roles you are applying for. To access the Job Descriptions for both roles click the links below.
To be eligible for employment with Small Boat Big Sea you must be legally entitled to work in Australia and have satisfactory background checks prior to employment, such as mandatory police check and where appropriate working with children check.